Translate

Saturday 19 January 2013

A Little New Year Project...

Hi everyone,

I hope you all enjoyed the Christmas holiday season.

My wonderful family gave me a "Dolls House Emporium" Dolls House this year, it is "Holme Lodge".
I began building it about five minutes after I unwrapped it and haven't really stopped since. lol.

This is the second "Dolls House Emporium" dolls house which I have built and I just love them. The pieces fit together really well and generally the construction is easy.

The house has really lovely proportions with large rooms and high ceilings. Although the house is "finished" externally I have decided to brick up the exterior using "real" brick from Richard Stacey in England. I have never used this product before but I'm up for the challenge, I intend to use his Slate roofing tiles as well...

It will come as no surprise to you all that I have once again decided to decorate this house using my favourite French/Shabby chic style in a modern way this time.

Before Xmas I purchased some gorgeous hand painted furniture from Etsy and this will look just right in my new house..
I have LOTS more work to do on this project, there are still three more rooms which I haven't even started yet, I hope you like what I've done to date!

My faithful companion "Lilly" has been helping of course.. She is so cute!!


I have been so busy with my new house that I have not spent much time on my other project which is a "scratch built" shop, this will EVENTUALLY become a clock shop, I have been been seeking suitable clocks and making a few too, I hope I can get back to this soon.  I intend to sell the finished product in my Etsy store, so stay tuned!

Hope you enjoy the pics.

Debby







No comments:

Post a Comment